Great first 'proper' RC Car
bought for my son's 9th birthday. It's his first proper RC car as we found the supermarket/highstreet available ones weren't much fun after the initial 5 mins around the kitchen floor.
Initial thoughts -
- he loves the Rally car style and prefers this to Monster trucks or buggy style which are more common
- battery life seems good and we've found that having just the one battery is fine for now
- being able to limit the speed is great - most reviews online only show the car going flat out but this is far too difficult to be controlled for a beginner. on speed setting 1 it's fine. We've tried it on the highest setting also and it will be fun once he gets to grips with the basics. i think the brushless version would be complete overkill as this one is plenty quick enough.
- we haven't noticed the gyro settings making much difference - the max steering angle is useful though
- seems to be able to cope with slightly bump terrain which is great - tarmac, paths etc but not on longer grass (we know this would probably be the case)
- seems pretty robust so far
- good value for money considering the alternatives are either aimed at adults or are licensed supercar toys which have limited play value for an older child
all in all - very happy with the purchase and i think its definitely a good option for an older child to use if properly supervised