Two years on from the original Inspire
announcement, DJI are back with the Inspire 2 release
. The new craft provides better quality images, more power and greater intelligence for professional film making. Pre-orders are now open for this incredible craft, starting from just £3,688.
What's new with the Inspire 2
The Inspire 2 at a glance:
- Top speed now 67mph/108kph and 0-50 in just 4 seconds (!)
Infrared sensor array for obstacle avoidance above the craft
Forward mounted vision sensors for active avoidance
- New dual battery setup with redundancy and a 27 minute flight time (with X4S)
- A new 2-Axis independently tiltable FPV camera
- New Zenmuse X4S stabilised UHD camera with 1inch CMOS sensor
- New Zenmuse X5S stabilised UHD camera with MFT sensor capable of 5.2k @ 30fps & 4k @ 60fps
Cinecore 2.0 on-board image processor with PCI-E memory card support
- Extreme cold capability with self heating systems
- New autopilot modes including Follow and Spotlight Activetrack modes
Live broadcast of footage in 1080i 50fps or 720p 60fps
The Inspire retains its signature silhouette with a magnesium composite shell and carbon fibre arms. With a max thrust of 2kg per rotor through its 15inch props, the Inspire 2 is capable of a blistering 67mph
(with an acceleration to 50mph in 4 seconds
) and a maximum flight time of 27minutes. It can climb at 6m/s
and descend at 9m/s
and has a maximum attack angle of 40°. The popular forward vision system seen on the Phantom 4 is now included alongside a top mounted Infrared sensor to assist when flying indoors. New propellers are available for flying 2500-5000m above sea level.
A tiltable FPV camera
has been added to the nose of the vehicle with picture-in-picture feed, allowing operators to see the crafts orientation and position at any time. Finally the new Dual-battery
setup offers power redundancy and is self heating for use in extreme cold climates. The control system uses the latest Lightbridge technology, signal switching between 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz frequencies for a robust connection up to 4.3miles
. Multiple slave controllers can now be used with an extended distance (up to 100m apart) between them. Dual IMU
, barometer and GPS/Glonass support provide multiple redundancies for safe flight.
Professional Image Quality with CineCore 2.0
Alongside the Inspire 2 DJI have released two new cameras, the Zenmuse X4S
. The former has a one inch CMOS sensor whilst the later is an MFT setup similar to the current X5. They can record at a staggering 5.2k resolution
at 30fps and 4k 60fps;
On top of this they can shoot 20MP stills
with a 20FPS burst rate!
. RAW 5.2K video can be recorded at a 4.2Gbps data rate when the optional DJI CineSSD PCI-E drives are used.
Integrated into the Inspire 2 is the brand new CineCore 2.0
image processing system, capable of recording 5.2K videos in CinemaDNG*1, Apple ProRes*2 and more. CineCore 2.0 is built into the aircraft nose and works with any camera connected through the dedicated gimbal port.
You can now also broadcast direct from the Inspire 2 using its dedicated 1080i 50 and 720p 60 signal. Aerial live-streaming direct to TV is as simple as connecting the Inspire 2 remote controller as a video feed.
Flight Autonomy thanks to on-board sensor array
Its front sensor array can detect obstacles up to 30m ahead
allowing for protected flight at up to 34mph. The top-mounted infrared array can detect obstacles 5m above to assist in flying in enclosed spaces. These work in unison with the down facing ultrasonic sensors and cameras carried over from the Inspire 1. This array of sensors (including information from both cameras) also enables the craft to intelligently avoid obstacles when returning to home.
Intelligent Flight Modes
DJI have added a host of new and improved flight modes to make getting your perfect shot that much easier.
- Utilising the onboard FPV camera as a dedicated Tap-to-Fly interface the pilot can instead focus on gimbal movement.
- New modes allowing recognition of various objects and new profiles to increase tracking precision.
- (Available in both the aforementioned flight modes ) locks the camera to a subject no matter what the aircrafts position. Should the gimbal reach its rotational limit the craft will automatically rotate itself without affecting flight control, to free up gimbal motion.
DJI - 'The Circle' short film
To demonstrate the incredible capabilities of the Inspire 2, DJI produced a short film called 'The Circle' entirely
shot on the Inspire 2:
Its really impressive to see just how flexible this package can be. To support this release they have provided a series of 'behind the scenes' films
, hosted on youtube to show how it was created which we thoroughly recommend watching.
Pre Order your DJI Inspire 2
The DJI Inspire 2 will be available in a variety of configurations:
- Inspire 2 with Zenmuse X4 Camera for £3,688.
- Inspire 2 with slave controller and Zenmuse X4 Camera for £4,257.
- Premium Combo : Inspire 2 with Zenmuse X5S, CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes License Key for £6,269.
All packages come with a carry case, remote controller, a pair of TB50 batteries, battery charger and hub, 16GB Micro SD card, Vision system calibration plate and a host of usb cables, manuals and other accessories.
Shipping is expected to commence at the beginning of January. Please see the product pages for further information.